(NEXSTAR) – Former Georgetown coach John Thompson has died, reported WJLA. He was 78.
His death was initially reported by DC Radio station, The Team 980.
Thompson was the first Black coach to win the NCAA championship. He led the Hoyas to the title in 1984.
He had recently retired in May from the Nike Board of Directors, and he has an autobiography set to be released in January.
There was no immediate word on a cause of death.
- Authorities investigating string of graffiti, property damage in Howard
- Temperatures remain above average
- Green Bay area parents growing increasingly frustrated with virtual learning
- Green Bay winter farmers market, how to safely support local vendors
- Stimulus check update: Pelosi says there is ‘momentum’ toward COVID-19 relief