(WFRV) – Bay Conference rivals West De Pere and Menasha were set to open the season on Friday night. Instead the Phantoms will kick off an unprecedented season against Hortonville.
The announcement came on Thursday afternoon with Menasha withdrawing from the game after temporarily pausing football activities due to health concerns.
The plan is for Menasha to resume practice on October 3rd, and start playing games in week three of the season.
Only the Menasha football program is impacted at this time.
- World Championship Cheese Contest Postponed Until March 2022
- Second stimulus checks: Trump eyes aid deal with direct payments after Election Day
- Green Bay, Brown County budget plans invest in behavioral health initiatives
- WPS Garden of Lights returns to Green Bay Botanical Garden for 24th year
- Wisconsin reports largest single-day increases in COVID-19 cases, deaths