(WFRV) – It was already going to be an unusual high school basketball. Now some of the biggest high schools in the state are sitting out after Milwaukee and Madison metro districts opted out of the winter sports season.
As a result there’s some shifting for high schools when it comes to divisions. For example, the Kaukauna boys have been a power in division two over the past few years. Because of Madison and Milwaukee sitting out the postseason, the Ghosts will now move up to division one this year.
Here’s a breakdown of each boys sectional assignments for this year:
Here’s a breakdown of each girls sectional assignment for this year:
Each girls basketball division will have 87 teams, and most of the boys divisions will have 89 schools. Division two in boys basketball has 90 teams this year.
Details for the Boys and Girls Basketball State Tournaments will be announced at a later date, according to a release by the WIAA.
- Mishicot wins first team state title in school history
- Local window cleaners honor kindness day, washing Boys and Girls Club windows
- American Rescue Plan hits the House floor as lawmakers split along party lines
- Hostages in 2015 Eagle Nation Cycles incident file lawsuit
- WATCH: Local 5’s African American Icons: Honoring Black History Month