By STEVE MEGARGEE AP Sports Writer
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Josh Bell and Gregory Polanco homered off Brandon Woodruff and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Milwaukee Brewers 5-1.
Bell broke a 1-all tie in the fourth with a towering, two-run blast that hit an SUV parked well above the wall in right-center as part of a promotion.
The Pirates stayed in front the rest of the way to hand Woodruff a rare loss at Miller Park.
The right-hander entered Sunday having gone 10-0 with a 2.89 ERA in 16 home starts over the past two seasons. He struck out seven but allowed four runs, four hits and three walks in five innings.
- Wisconsin DHS reports record-high new positive COVID-19 cases, state totals over 2,000 virus-related deaths
- After the US’s worst week of COVID-19 cases, here’s where your state stands
- Green Bay holding drive-through voting event at City Hall
- Door County Historical Society hosts first annual Heritage Halloween event
- Green Bay BOO-yah hosts socially distanced trick-or-treating event