LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — Bears running back David Montgomery limped off the field at practice Wednesday after injuring his groin when making a cut on a running play.
Montgomery, a second-year pro who is expected to carry much of the load in the running game, went down in a non-contact drill.
After he took a handoff from Mitch Trubisky and ran to his left, Montgomery fell as he cut.
He later was carted to Halas Hall to be examined by the medical staff. Coach Matt Nagy said it was uncertain how severe the injury is.
- Republicans don’t want Bucks, Brewers at early voting sites
- Frosty mornings ahead, then warmer next week
- Wisconsin teachers unions call for statewide virtual learning
- Republicans optimistic about president’s pick for Supreme Court; Democrats worry for ACA
- Donation of new Ford Fiesta helps automotive students at NWTC