MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Two Wisconsin Republicans objected to certifying Joe Biden’s victories in a pair of states before his win was confirmed in a meeting of Congress that was interrupted by the storming of the Capitol by a violent mob loyal to President Donald Trump. Reps.
Tom Tiffany and Scott Fitzgerald, the state’s two newest members of Congress, objected to certifying votes in Arizona and Pennsylvania.
Those were the only two states where votes on objection were taken. Texas U.S. Rep. Louis Gohmert objected to Wisconsin’s electoral votes, but no senator signed on so there was no debate over that or vote on the objection.
- Outagamie County man sentenced to prison for illegally transferring firearm silencers
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election
- Pompeo says China’s policies on Muslims amount to ‘genocide’
- Southern Door Superintendent retires after 45 years in education
- Wisconsin DNR board to consider increasing mining fees by $500k