GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The moment everyone has been waiting for this season, it’s finally Jordan Love Day. What do I mean by that? I mean it’s the day when Jordan Love finally suits up in the green and gold and takes the field in front of the Packers faithful.
Love has been joking with reporters all during training camp that this is the moment he’s been preparing for for over a year, to play in this first preseason game.
Follow along here for all your in game updates, injuries, crazy plays, hilarious tweets and much more
Packers not dressing out for the game:
12 QB Aaron Rodgers, 13 WR Allen Lazard, 17 WR Davante Adams, 18 WR Randall Cobb, 19 WR Equanimeous St. Brown, 20 CB Kevin King, 23 CB Jaire Alexander, 25 S Will Redmond, 26 S Darnell Savage, 31 S Adrian Amos, 33 RB Aaron Jones, 34 CB Stanford Samuels, 49 TE Dominique Dafney, 52 LB Rashan Gary, 54 LB Kamal Martin, 55 LB Za’Darius Smith, 58 LB Isaiah McDuffie, 59 LB De’Vondre Campbell, 69 T David Bakhtiari, 74 G Elgton Jenkins, 77 T/G Billy Turner, 81 TE Josiah Deguara, 83 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, 85 TE Robert Tonyan, 88 WR Juwann Winfree, 89 TE Marcedes Lewis, 91 LB Preston Smith, 94 DL Dean Lowry, 96 DL Kingsley Keke, 97 DL Kenny Clark
- Jordan Love completes his first pass as a Packer! However, the Packers go three and out, now the defense is on the field
- Texans are methodically getting down the field. Tyrod Taylor is picking on Josh Jackson. My collegues agree via Twitter
- Texans strike first, hit a field goal after Tyrod Taylor wiped the field with Josh Jackson. They lead 3-0
- AJ DILLON HAS ENTERED THE CHAT
- Back to back three and outs for Jordan Love. And then a disconnect on special teams… which is nothing new
- Hello Oren Burks. Monster of a sack for a loss of five yards
- 4:28 left in the first quarter, Jordan Love gets the ball back for the third time, on the Packers 12-yard-line
- On third down, Love finally airs out the ball, finds Jace Sternberger downfield. 34-yard completion for the first down
- Hello Devin Funchess. He’s entered the chat as well
- Kylin Hill gets the pass, he goes 23 yards for the score. Packers lead 7-3
- Defense gets a three and out, Amari Rodgers back deep for Green Bay
- Packers back with the ball. Give me more Love airing the ball downfield.
- Texans score, they lead 10-7
- UNPOPULAR OPINION, I DON’T HATE THE WAVE
- Packers defense gets a stop, Texans go for a field goal, they get it. 13-7 Texans with less than a minute left in the first half.
- Jordan Love gets strip sacked, but then KABION ENTO WITH AN INTERCEPTION
- Cole Van Lanen has entered the game!
- Jordan Love’s night is done. He finished the game with a touchdown and a fumble. So best and worst of both worlds
- Kurt Benkert has entered the game!
- KURT BENKERT CAN THROW THE FOOTBALL AND IT’S REALLY GOOD
- But then he fumbles and it’s not so good
- Three more points for Houston. 16-7 Texans. Only one touchdown for each team. Less than ideal
- Devin Funchess is the Energizer Bunny. Another pass for him
- DeAndre Thompkins tries to haul in a pass from Benkert, can’t do it, comes off the field apparently hurt. He’s getting looked at by the medical staff
- Thompkins headed to the locker room with the medical staff